Bloomberg and Foye, appearing together, still have nothing to say about the 9/11 Memorial Museum

James Molinaro, Bloomberg, Foye, and Seth Pinsky. (Dana Rubinstein)
Tweet Share on Facebook Share on Tumblr Print

Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Port Authority executive director Patrick Foye appeared together at a press conference this morning on Staten Island.

The joint appearance offered reporters a rare opportunity to question the two parties now engaged in a dispute that has resulted in new delays at the National September 11 Memorial Museum, the symbolic heart of the World Trade Center site.

Last year, work on the museum pavilion basically ground to a halt, thanks to a disagreement over funding between the memorial foundation, chaired by the mayor, and the state-controlled Port Authority, of which Foye is executive director.

An A.P. reporter asked the two men what they would say to the families of September 11 victims awaiting the museum's completion.

MORE ON CAPITAL

ADVERTISEMENT

“We're working as hard as we can," said Bloomberg. "And when we have something to say, you can rest assured you will be told the same time [as] everybody else."

Bloomberg asked Foye if he had anything to add. He didn't.

"I echo the mayor's comments,"said Foye.

Foye said just as little on March 1, and on March 29.